Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Perfectly Creamy and Healthy Guacamole



Avocados are by far one of my favorite foods in the entire world, so naturally Guacamole was one of the first recipes I made sure to master.  Avocados are so delicious and naturally healthy for us however, not all guacamoles are made equal. That perfectly creamy guacamole you eat at restaurants is usually loaded with mayonnaise to give it that creamy consistency. That is why my recipe is so incredible. It is creamy and flavorful without the added fake fat. Guacamole is that perfect appetizer to have out whenever you have guests over from football sundays to week night dinners. Everyone loves guacamole. But, once you try this recipe you will never make it another way again. I always have people asking what I put in my guacamole and if I can make it again. So what's the secret ingredient? Feta! I know it sounds so strange but it works. It gives it the creamy texture and a little extra flavor. Try this recipe and I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Ingredients

  • 2 Ripe Avocados
  • 1/2 cup of diced Onions (red onion for stronger flavor, yellow onion for a more mild flavor)
  • 1/2 cup of diced Tomatoes. Make sure to get rid of the juices and seeds as you don't want watery guacamole 
  • Lemon Juice
  • Garlic (fresh or dried) I usually do around 1-2 garlic cloves. Depends on how strong you like the garlic flavor
  • 1/4 cup of Crumbled Feta 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Optional

  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Serrano Peppers, chopped- if you like it spicy!


 Directions

Mix together all ingredients. Mash however much you want. I tend to like mine a little in between mashed and chunky as you can see in the pictures- seems to make everyone happy. I like to always taste as I go with the spices and lemon juice. A good thing to remember is most of the time you are going to be eating this guacamole with salty chips so go lighter on the salt to balance the chips. If it is too bland, you can always add more! If you do end up going over board with the spices, more lemon juice works perfectly. Another trick with guacamole is make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge to marinate the flavors together before serving. 









Russell and I have this guacamole at least once a week. Hope you all enjoy and become as addicted as we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55116700-1