Monday, September 8, 2014

Spicy Mango Fish Tacos with Avocado Slaw




I wasn't a huge fish taco fan until Russell and I went to Seattle this year. We were walking around Pike Place Market and of course stopped by the fish market for fish tacos. That's when it happened. I was hooked. They are fresh, light, healthy, and not to mention seriously delicious. We got them again last week at an amazing Latin American restaurant and that is when I decided I need to take on the challenge of making my own. And I am so happy to announce that it was a success. These are so good. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients

Tilapia
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tsp Honey
1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder 
(depending on how much spice you want)
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper

For Slaw:
2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
1 Cup of Fresh Chopped Cilantro
1/4 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
(or sour cream if you want)
Fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Mango, Diced
1 Avocado, Diced
Whole Wheat Tortillas
(or corn tortillas if you 
like that taste more)




Directions

1. Place tilapia in ziplock bag and add in olive oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Close bag and massage seasonings into fish. Let marinade in the fridge for about 20 minutes. 
2. Prepare Slaw: In a bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Place in refrigerator. 
3. Remove fish from marinade. Cook on skillet on Med-High heat until fish is properly browned on both sides. Remove and keep warm. 
4. Place a little olive oil in the skillet and cook tortillas for about 10-20 seconds on each side. 
5. Add slaw mixture evenly into tortillas. Place tilapia on top of slaw. Then add the diced mango and avocado for the final touch.  





My favorite thing to do is to take a recipe and change a few things to make it my own. Try this one and leave a comment letting me know if you try anything differently. Get creative and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55116700-1